Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Super Bowl!

Since memories of Aaron Rogers throwing touchdown passes over and around hapless Steelers defenders still happily populate my dreams, I wanna talk about the Super Bowl. More importantly, the food, because I can't think of a 'holiday' with more emphasis on food. Fourth of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas are all famous for featuring delicious spreads, but the Superbowl, to me at least, has become a ridiculous display of heart-hurting, artery-clogging tailgating food. This year was no exception: my friends and I had a solid feast on our hands.

The most important thing to provide at a Super Bowl party has to be wings. Lots and lots of chicken wings. There's just so much variety there; we probably ordered at least five different varieties from BW3's. We even ordered a few boneless wings, which are the greatest thing to ever happen to chicken (even though they are nothing more than chicken nuggets for adults). BW3's has a great selection of sauces, too; we ordered Cajun, Sweet Garlic, Buffalo, Hot, and Green Curry, which was an interesting flavor to say the least. Side note: I love eating curry, but it has to be one of the least appealing food-related smells on the planet. I never want my home to smell like curry.

I also made an avocado salsa for the game, which, unfortunately to say, didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. Not saying it was bad, but it definitely was lacking some flavor. Avocado salsa, it should be noted, is different from guacamole; I had to clarify this to everybody at the party.

Other foods that were brought to the party: home-made brownies, a trey of cheese and crackers (a criminally underrated snack; I had to be cut off), and home-made nachos (we had to toss them in the microwave to melt the cheese... so good though). Overall it was a pretty solid feast, although I was a bit dissapointed that I was the only person to actually make my own side dish (minus the brownies, I guess). My friends really need to discover cooking; it'll make future Super Bowl parties/tailgating events much more memorable, at least from a food perspective.

Steelers suck!

1 comment:

  1. I once lived in an apartment with a permanent odor of curry from some previous tenant. Yeah. I do not recommend.

    ReplyDelete